Mask Policy/COVID-19 Updates
UPDATE: December 3, 2021- COVID-19/Mask Policy
At the JCC of Greater Buffalo, we believe our community’s health, well-being, and safety are central to our mission. From infants to older adults, we feel it is our obligation to care for everyone who comes through our doors. Our investment in MERV-13 air filters, enhanced cleaning, and the installation of virus-stopping UV lights has helped keep members safe.
To provide the safest and highest quality fitness and wellness experience, we will begin requiring proof of vaccination to gain access to our fitness areas. Meeting this requirement will allow our members to take off their masks to exercise.
Effective Tuesday, December 7, 2021, we are implementing the following COVID-19 Vaccine/Mask policy changes:
- All staff members are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Staff will continue to wear masks while working.
- JCC members and guests over age 12 must show a one-time proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to use the following fitness areas: fitness center, pool, locker rooms, group fitness studios, and the gym. This will allow members in the fitness areas to exercise without wearing a mask.
- Masks are required at all other times.
- One-time proof can be shown to front desk staff at either location as soon as today. A vaccination card, digital pass, a photocopy, or a record from your health provider are all acceptable for showing proof of full vaccination.
- Unvaccinated members and guests will no longer access the fitness areas.
- Masks are required for anyone age two and older in all common areas plus Early Childhood Center and Kids’ Place. Parents must wear a mask when dropping off and picking up their children.
- Large Indoor Events– For indoor events where social distancing is not possible, like Jewish Repertory Theatre, we will require masks and proof of vaccination.
These vaccination and mask policies will be implemented as open-ended, with any changes or reversals informed by updates from health authorities.
If you have had any COVID-19 symptoms in the past 24 hours – fever of 100.4º or higher, cough, chills, headache, shortness of breath, sore throat, the new loss of taste or smell, muscle pain, or has been exposed to someone who tested positively – we ask that you please stay home for the health and safety of our entire JCC family.