We are open!
We are so excited to be able to welcome you back! Our top priorities of safety and security have never been more important than they are right now. Every decision we have made has been through the lens of the health and safety of our members and staff. As such, please be aware that there will be some changes to your JCC experience.
- Reservations are required through the “My J” app for Group Exercise Classes, Lap/Family Swim and Fitness Equipment. Reservations can only be made up to 48 hours in advance. You can download the app from any app store. Click here for the desktop version. If you do not have a way to make a reservation, you may call and we can help you. Walk-ins will be accommodated only if there is room.
- As mandated by the state, members will be required to wear masks indoors at all times, including when exercising, and social distancing is required. Bandanas, buffs, and gaiters are not acceptable face coverings for use in gyms and fitness centers. Masks are NOT allowed when in the pools, but are required on the pool deck.
- If you have had any COVID-19 symptoms in the past 24 hours – fever of 100.4º or higher, cough, chills, headache, shortness of breath, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, muscle pain or has been exposed to someone who tested positively – we ask that you please stay home for the health and safety of our entire JCC family.
- Members will have their temperature taken using a non-invasive thermometer. If your temperature is 100.4º or higher, you will not be permitted to enter and we ask that you return after you’ve been temperature free for 48 hours. Accompanying family members will be asked to leave as well.
- Hours have changed for our facilities. Our new building hours are Monday- Friday 6:30am – 8:00pm, Saturdays and Sundays 8:00am – 3:00pm.
- During our reopening, only JCC Buffalo members will be allowed in our buildings. No guests at this time.
New Entry Protocols
- Members will be required to wear masks at all times, including when exercising.
- Social distancing is required. All members must maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing except with people from your household.
- Members will have their temperature taken using a non-invasive thermal scanning thermometer.
- If your temperature is 100.4º or higher you will not be permitted entry to the JCC. If you have had any COVID-19 symptoms in the past 24 hours – including fever of 100.4º or higher, cough, chills, headache, shortness of breath, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, muscle pain or exposed to someone that has tested positive– we ask that you please stay home for the health and safety of our entire JCC family. Please note: Accompanying family members will be asked to leave as well.
- Your JCC Access Card will be scanned upon entering.
- Many areas of each location of your JCC, have been reconfigured to help ensure social distancing.
- Please follow the directional signage to ensure social distancing.
What will happen in Fitness & Aquatics
- Fitness equipment has been rearranged and relocated to optimize equipment use and provide for social distancing.
- Members will be required to clean equipment, as done in the past, and our staff will be sanitizing.
- Please bring your own towels, water bottles and yoga mats as the JCC is unable to supply these. Water, yoga mats, resistance bands and SilverSneakers balls will be available for purchase.
- Reservations must be made through the “My J” app for group exercise classes as there is a maximum number of participants allowed in each class. If the class is full, please make a reservation to join us virtually. Reservations can be made up to 48 hours in advance. Walk-ups will be accommodated only if there is room.
Land Group Exercise Classes (Indoor)
- Classes are occuring with limited participants to ensure social distancing.
Water Group Exercise Classes
- Masks must be worn in locker room and on the pool deck. No masks will be allowed in the water.
- There will be designated spots in the water for each participant. The instructor will help guide you to the proper spots.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- All JCC Buffalo staff have been trained regarding COVID-19 prevention and safety protocols.
- Members will continue to clean the equipment, as done previously.
- Staff will be sanitizing equipment after each use.
- In between reservations, our staff will thouroghly clean and sanitize our facilities using products and protocols that meet CDC and EPA guidelines.
- Water fountains will be temporarily unavailable.
- Health and hygiene reminders have been prominently placed including reminders about hand washing, social distancing, and other guidelines.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been added around the JCC
Locker Room Protocols
- We ask that you help us maintain the cleanliness and the safety of our locker rooms by adhering to the JCC’s safety guidelines including social distancing and wearing face coverings which are in accordance with the CDC, NYS and Erie County DOH guidelines. Bandanas, buffs and gaiters are not acceptable.
- Space is limited at each building so please limit your time to 15 minutes so the next group of people coming in have access to a safe and clean space.
- For those of you who utilize our showers, you will notice there is a laminated card that indicates a clean or needs to be cleaned shower. Please flip the card once the shower has been used so our staff can clean after your use.
- The steam room and sauna will be unavailable.
- You must remove your mask when showering but wear it all other times in the locker rooms.
- Family Changing rooms are reserved for those who may have physical limitations.