Indoor Pool Schedule – Benderson Family Building, Amherst
Jonathan Palma, Director of Aquatics (716) 688-4114 x370
Not a member but would like to use the pool for the day? Guest passes are available for a small fee. Ages 14 or older: $10.00 Ages 13 and younger: $5.00 Under 1 year old: FREE
- Children under the age of 6 must be accompanied by a parent in the water, under the age of 10 parent must be in water unless they have passed a swim test, otherwise must have a parent on deck.
- SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE DUE TO HOLIDAYS, CLASS ENROLLMENT, POOL MALFUNCTION, OR OVER CROWDING.
- Aqua joggers are welcome to use the pool during LAP TIMES, but MUST follow all Lap Swim Rules & be in an assigned lane.
- Pool noodles & water weights are for use during OPEN SWIM ONLY, NO FINS.
- Lap Swim is reserved for member 14 years and older unless the member takes a swim test at the discretion of the guard. ALL Lap Swimmers must swim continuous laps and stay in lane. Circle swimming may be opened at any time based on number of swimmers and is at the lifeguard’s discretion.
- MUST HAVE ADVANCED REGISTRATION FOR CHILDREN’S LESSONS, SMALL GROUP INTERVAL TRAINING, STORM TEAM, and DRILLS AND THRILLS CLASSES and HYDRORIDER SPINNING CLASSES.
- The diving board will be closed during all Aerobics classes except for lessons.
- Children who are not potty trained 100% must wear snug-fitting Swim Diapers & Vinyl Pants.
- NON-SWIMMERS MUST REPORT TO THE GUARD BEFORE ENTERING WATER.
- No swimming permitted without a lifeguard present.
*Private lessons can be scheduled during all times including LAP time and in any lane.
Lap Lane Rules
- The double lap lane is used for medium/fast swimmers and the single lanes are for Slower/recreational swimmers.
- No swimmer is granted exclusive use of a lap lane.
- Lap lanes are for serious swimmers only (no horseplay).
- Swimmers must “circle” swim in a single lap lane that has three or more swimmers present, staying on the right at all times and passing in the middle.
- Swimmers must “circle” swim in the double lane when there are 4 or more swimmers present, staying on the right at all times and passing in the middle.
- Swimmers entering an occupied lane must wait and notify the other swimmers in the lane.
- Jumping in the lap lanes in a disruptive manner is not permitted and may result in ejection from the pool.
- Children that are on our swim team, or have successfully passed the deep water test are permitted to use the lap lanes.
- Any patron who is disruptive or unable to follow the lap lane rules will be asked to leave the lap lane area. Two or more violations may result in suspension or termination of privileges.
Diving Board Rules
- Patrons must wait their turn at the bottom of the ladder, taking care to not interfere with the divers.
- Only one person at a time is permitted on the diving board and ladder with the exception of an instructor who may be assisting a student.
- Only one bounce is permitted on the diving board except during instructional/competitive activity and when under the supervision of an instructor.
- The diving board is the only entrance to the diving area in the pool.
- No running off the end of the board, handstands, sitting or back dives are permitted. Other dives may be permitted during instructional diving.
- Cartwheels and handstands are prohibited.
- Only jumping or diving straight off the end of the board is permitted. Running dives are not allowed
- All divers must look before and wait until the area in the pool is clear before diving.
- Immediately after diving, the diver must surface and swim clear of the diving area to shallow end of the pool or to swim instructor.
- Diving board equipment including the fulcrum may be adjusted only by Aquatics personnel.
- Any activities deemed unsafe by the Aquatics personnel are not permitted.
- Diving board may be in operation at various times during facility hours and is at the discretion of the non-surveillance lifeguard or supervisors.
- Swimmers must swim back to the edge of the pool, to the shallow end or to the wall to exit. Do NOT swim directly back underneath the diving board or swim into lap lanes.
- During instructional swim and diving lessons please follow all rules given by the instructor, as these rules may vary for instructional activity.
- Playing or swimming in the diving area is not permitted while the boards are open for diving.
- Hanging off the end of the diving board is not permitted.