Update December 4, 2017:
- 4 additional rooms for infants and toddlers will accommodate 40 additional children.
- The JCC has a waiting list for every classroom as a result of the rapid growth of the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus. This project will provide additional space for childcare to serve this and other nearby employers.
- New space will replace dated and inadequate current space for the Kid’s Place After-School Program that currently serves 100+ children. A new, first floor office for Kid’s Place will also be built.
- A new, fully-accessible multi-purpose basketball, pickle ball and other sport space for young teens and families will be created on the lower level thanks in part to a grant from Variety Club of Buffalo. Necessary storage space will be included in an adjacent space.
- A new 1800 sq. ft. indoor playground will be built on the first floor by enclosing the rear patio adjacent to infant and after-school spaces.
- The lower level will be repurposed to include new HVAC, windows and secure access for group fitness, Yoga, Pilates, cycling, personal training, massage, stretching and multi-purpose meeting space.
- The gym will receive a new roof.
- Enhanced security and access control will be central to the project.
- A new elevator designed to separate fitness members from early childhood access will be built.
- Brand new, energy-efficient windows will be installed on the first floor that match windows installed on second floor four years ago.
- The project is expected to provide an additional $250,000 in net revenue as a result of program expansion and increased membership in the second year following construction, enhancing the sustainability of the agency.
- Approximately 20 new jobs are expected to be created.
Update October 9, 2017:
Our New indoor playground is beginning to emerge!
Update October 3, 2017
Our new window frames have arrived and are ready for placement in the classrooms on the lower level. These newly renovated classrooms will house group fitness, yoga and cycling classes and will feature the beauty of natural light.
Update September 12, 2017
About a month from now, we will begin the annual cycle of Torah reading in which G-d creates the universe. On the first day, G-d creates light, in a similar vein; the JCC will be installing windows on the lower level of the Holland Family Building! The frames for these windows, which were delivered today, are pictured above.
The first of many new windows are being installed today at the front of the building in a room that will house 12 more infants and toddlers in our Early Childhood Center. When the new rooms are finished, we will be able to reduce our long waiting list of families who will be bringing us htier newborns next summer.
Construction is slightly delayed due to a few technical issues but our great general contractor BRD Construction, is working hard to make the time up.
Lower label window frame structure 1.jpg
divider for updates.png
Update August 23, 2017
Protective fencing will be installed tomorrow which will slightly reduce the availability of parking spots for roughly two months. This is necessitated by the need to work on the new addition and store windows, steel and other building materials on site. The covered entrance way will be 12 feet deep and benches will be installed along the northern wall for people waiting for rides or just to relax. The main entrance from the parking lot has been relocated to a new entrance located to the right of the current parking lot entrance (when facing the building). Our upper parking lot will be closed this week as well as the structural steel for the addition is going up.
holland reno web aug 23.png
divider for updates.png
Update August 16, 2017
Starting Monday, August 21, the main entrance from the parking lot will be closed, ECC will enter from the Summer Street end of the parking lot. All other JCC Members and guests will enter from a new entrance located to the right of the current parking lot entrance (when facing the building).
You will be scanning in at the new temporary desk located at this new entrance and if you need to make any transactions- you will need to go to the current Member Services Desk.
The upper parking lot will be closed as well as the structural steel for the addition is going up.
Watch for more information about our renovation on emails, facebook posts and on this page.