Benderson Family Building Group Fitness Classes
Schedule of daily group fitness/gym classes offered at the JCC’s Benderson Family Building
at 2640 N. Forest Road Amherst, NY 14068. Questions? Hollis Mahaney Habermehl at 716-204-2070
Benderson Group Fitness Schedule
Contact: Hollis Mahaney Habermehl (716) 204-2070, firstname.lastname@example.org
Combines barre movements with weighted exercise and cardio to increase strength, muscle endurance, core fitness and balance.
Strength training, agility drills, and high-intensity intervals. Ignite your metabolism, strength and core control.
Get your total workout in one class! ½ hour circuit training followed by ½ h of cycling.
Warm-up, steady up-tempo cadences, sprints, climbs and cool downs. You control the resistance to adjust difficulty.
Burn fat without losing muscle. Within each 25 minute workout participants experience short intervals of training that deliver a calorie drenching workout and post metabolic boost.
Les mills BodyPump
The original barbell class that strengthens your entire body. Challenges your major muscle groups by using squats, presses, lifts and curls.
Les Mills Core
Hones in on the torso and sling muscles that connect your upper and lower body. Great for tightening your tummy and butt. Improve strength and assist in injury prevention.
Gain confidence with many basic dance steps. Learn the process of linking steps together to form the dance, and have fun losing yourself in the music of Country, Jazz, R & B, Swing, Waltz and Latin. Get in line for this joy of a class.
Pilates Barre Fusion
Combines both Pilates and Barre techniques. Pilates uses breathing and exercises to develop core and mental control of the body. Barre is no impact and focuses on functional movements, full range of motion and body alignment.
Senior Yoga Fit
Yoga class geared to seniors and those with special conditions. Our primary focus is deep breathing and relaxation. Senior YogaFit may be performed in a chair or using props to facilitate poses. Beginner
Safe, healthy and gentle on the joints. Includes easy low-impact movement and upper body strength, abdominal conditioning, stretching and relaxation exercises.
Increase strength and movement for daily living. Hand-held weights, elastic tubing, and a SilverSneakers ball are used for resistance. A chair is used for support.
Strength, Core and More
Combines strength training, cardio and core for a complete workout!
Tai Chi - Beginner
Practice movement without straining joints and muscles. Develop a coordination of mind and body, release stress, strengthen and stretch the body, improving flexibility and balance.
Tai Chi - Intermediate
Challenge your balance in transition movement in Tai Chi principles thorough Yang 24 form. More advance Qigong will be practiced. The health benefits are amazing with the most effective balance conditioner in the world.
U.P. Ultimate Power
Why U.P.? You can only go UP from here. Instructed by Jodee and Rene, short warm up followed by 15 minutes of H.I.I.T., 20 minutes of circuit training stations, and 5 minutes of yoga stretching as a cool down.
Classes offer students a greater challenge. Once postures are mastered, students are taught to transition their postures in a breath synchronized motion. Intermediate-advanced
This fun dance fitness class is based on pop, rock and hip-hop songs and easy, high energy dance steps, for dancers and nondancers. Use dance steps and yoga-inspired static stretching.
Encompasses the mind, body, and spirit while improving flexibility, strength and relaxation.
Warm up, sun salutations, work phase, standing balances and then a cool down with seated and supine work as well as deep stretching. Poses are linked to create strength, flexibility, endurance and balance. Intermediate
Ditch the workout and join the party. Come work up a sweat in this blast of a class!
Designed for the active older adult or beginner. The same great music at a lower intensity.
- Children under the age of 6 must be accompanied by a parent in the water, under the age of 10 parent must be in water unless they have passed a swim test, otherwise must have a parent on deck.
- SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE DUE TO HOLIDAYS, CLASS ENROLLMENT, POOL MALFUNCTION, OR OVER CROWDING.
- Aqua joggers are welcome to use the pool during LAP TIMES, but MUST follow all Lap Swim Rules & be in an assigned lane.
- Pool noodles & water weights are for use during OPEN SWIM ONLY, NO FINS.
- Lap Swim is reserved for member 14 years and older unless the member takes a swim test at the discretion of the guard. ALL Lap Swimmers must swim continuous laps and stay in lane. Circle swimming may be opened at any time based on number of swimmers and is at the lifeguard’s discretion.
- MUST HAVE ADVANCED REGISTRATION FOR CHILDREN’S LESSONS, SMALL GROUP INTERVAL TRAINING, STORM TEAM, and DRILLS AND THRILLS CLASSES and HYDRORIDER SPINNING CLASSES.
- The diving board will be closed during all Aerobics classes except for lessons.
- Children who are not potty trained 100% must wear snug-fitting Swim Diapers & Vinyl Pants.
- NON-SWIMMERS MUST REPORT TO THE GUARD BEFORE ENTERING WATER.
- No swimming permitted without a lifeguard present.
*Private lessons can be scheduled during all times including LAP time and in any lane.
Lap Lane Rules
- The double lap lane is used for medium/fast swimmers and the single lanes are for Slower/recreational swimmers.
- No swimmer is granted exclusive use of a lap lane.
- Lap lanes are for serious swimmers only (no horseplay).
- Swimmers must “circle” swim in a single lap lane that has three or more swimmers present, staying on the right at all times and passing in the middle.
- Swimmers must “circle” swim in the double lane when there are 4 or more swimmers present, staying on the right at all times and passing in the middle.
- Swimmers entering an occupied lane must wait and notify the other swimmers in the lane.
- Jumping in the lap lanes in a disruptive manner is not permitted and may result in ejection from the pool.
- Children that are on our swim team, or have successfully passed the deep water test are permitted to use the lap lanes.
- Any patron who is disruptive or unable to follow the lap lane rules will be asked to leave the lap lane area. Two or more violations may result in suspension or termination of privileges.
Diving Board Rules
- Patrons must wait their turn at the bottom of the ladder, taking care to not interfere with the divers.
- Only one person at a time is permitted on the diving board and ladder with the exception of an instructor who may be assisting a student.
- Only one bounce is permitted on the diving board except during instructional/competitive activity and when under the supervision of an instructor.
- The diving board is the only entrance to the diving area in the pool.
- No running off the end of the board, handstands, sitting or back dives are permitted. Other dives may be permitted during instructional diving.
- Cartwheels and handstands are prohibited.
- Only jumping or diving straight off the end of the board is permitted. Running dives are not allowed
- All divers must look before and wait until the area in the pool is clear before diving.
- Immediately after diving, the diver must surface and swim clear of the diving area to shallow end of the pool or to swim instructor.
- Diving board equipment including the fulcrum may be adjusted only by Aquatics personnel.
- Any activities deemed unsafe by the Aquatics personnel are not permitted.
- Diving board may be in operation at various times during facility hours and is at the discretion of the non-surveillance lifeguard or supervisors.
- Swimmers must swim back to the edge of the pool, to the shallow end or to the wall to exit. Do NOT swim directly back underneath the diving board or swim into lap lanes.
- During instructional swim and diving lessons please follow all rules given by the instructor, as these rules may vary for instructional activity.
- Playing or swimming in the diving area is not permitted while the boards are open for diving.
- Hanging off the end of the diving board is not permitted.