The JCC is proud to offer music lessons for children and adults.
Recent studies found that studying and playing musical instruments:
Facilitates learning other subjects and enhances skills.
Helps develop the part of the left side of the brain known to be involved with processing language.
Leads to increases in the IQs of six-year-olds who are given weekly voice and piano lessons.
Improves neural activity. (delete: than people not in music training.) When you’re a musician and you’re playing an instrument, you (delete: have to be) are using more of your brain.
Improves sound discrimination and fine motor tasks.
Is linked to improved spatial intelligence. Understanding music helps children visualize various elements that should go together, like they would do when solving a math problem.
Helps children score higher in English and (delete: in) math scores on standardized tests.
Helps with basic memory recall.
Our Music Lesson Offerings
- Welcoming students from beginners to more experienced musicians.
- 30 minute lessons
- Instructor James Burgess (Buffalo)
- Instructor Elena Erokhina (Amherst)
Violin & Viola Lessons
- Welcoming students from beginners to more experienced musicians, ages 3 and up. Lessons and coaching including work on ECMEA & NYSSMA auditions and Festival preparation.
- 30, 45, & 60 minute lessons
- Instructor: Leslie Salathe