Indoor Pool Schedule – Holland Family Building, Buffalo
Not a member but would like to use the pool for the day? Guest passes are available for a small fee. Ages 14 or older: $10.00 Ages 13 and younger: $5.00 Under 1 year old: FREE
Copies of Pool and complete Lap Swim Rules are available on the pool deck.
- The lifeguard is there to insure your safety and to ensure pool enjoyment. Swim only when lifeguard is present.
- NYS Department of Health requires a shower with soap prior to swimming.
- Swim suits or triathlon wear must be worn in the pool. No cut-offs permitted.
- Please remove Band-Aids before entering the pool.
- Persons with open sores or wounds are not permitted in the water.
- Refrain from pushing, rough play or carrying others one your shoulders while in the pool.
- There is no diving in water less than 8 feet deep.
- No running on the pool deck.
- Please refrain from eating, gum chewing or drinking beverages other than water.
- We welcome children under the age of 6 in the pool when accompanied by an adult in the water. Children ages 6-9 years must have an adult on deck who is supervising them at all times.
- For your safety, please refrain from using inflatables.
- Swim diapers covered by snug fitting plastic pants are needed for infants and children who are not 100% potty trained. These are available for sale at the front desk.
- Do not discharge any bodily fluids into the water.
- Glass or any breakables are not permitted in the pool or on the deck.
- Lifeguard or JCC staff may ask any person to leave at any time or ask anyone to stop an action that interferes with the safe operation of the pool.
- SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE DUE TO HOLIDAYS, CLASS ENROLLMENT, POOL MALFUNCTION, OR OVER CROWDING.
*Private lessons can be scheduled during all times including LAP time and in any lane.
Lap Lane Rules
Lap swimming is available for individual’s age 14 years and older unless tested and approved to participate by the guard.
Please use lap lanes for swimming complete lengths of the pool.
Rest when needed, limiting time to one minute or less.
No diving starts are permitted.
Collisions can be dangerous. Be polite to our neighbors and observe common courtesies:
a. Let a swimmer know you will be swimming next to them.
b. Sit on the edge of the pool with your legs in the water before entering a lane
c. If you need to speak to a swimmer, gently tap the swimmer on the shoulder if necessary.
d. If you accidently jolt or kick someone while swimming, apologize at your earliest opportunity.
e. Please keep arms and legs inside your lane.
Equipment is allowed for training purposes only.
Please do not sit or hang on the lane lines.
The following items may be used during lap swim: Kickboards, pull buoys, fins, snorkeling gear, and resistance gloves. Noodles, weights, or bubble belts are not allowed during lap swim.
Please put equipment back when you are done. Items on the edge of the pool are currently being used.
Aqua joggers may use the lap lanes on the guard side. Please adhere to lap policies.
Please cooperate if the guard on duty begins circle swim.